Simplified: LIFE vs DEATH
These thoughts were taken from an interview with Anne Lamott.
You can't heal your sick shame filled worried mind with your sick shame filled worried mind. We are healed by grace.
Where sin abounds grace abounds.
The five rules of human life in America:
1. You should not have anything wrong or different about you.
2. If you do have something wrong or different about you, you should fix it.
3. If you can't fix it you should fake it. Pretend your okay.
4. If you can't fix it or fake it, you should just stay away because it is just too painful for everyone to be around you.
5. If you insist on still coming around you should at least have the decency to be ashamed.
With that being the human experience it is a radical act to show up.
The right to show up everyday, learning to live free of the shame is our challenge. Jesus took it all within himself on the cross so we can show up everyday living free of that terrible burden.
Don't allow anything or anyone to place that burden on you that Jesus has removed. We are Abba's children. I want to learn to live free in that reality.