Tuesday, February 12, 2008

DISTRACTIONS

Have you ever given much thought to the oppression and turmoil created in our lives and in the world by the political, economic and religious systems?

Jesus, the one we are to follow seemed to not be distracted by them. He saw them for what they are and that was enough.

I love how Bono presented this in the song Vertigo.

"All of this, all of this can be yours
All of this, all of this can be yours
All of this, all of this can be yours
Just give me what I want and no-one gets hurt…."

I like to think of Jesus in this moment actually saying....Whatever!!!

Luke 4:1-13

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hehe. Whatever. Yes, I can too. Hooray for you, Jesus.

Funny you should mention Vertigo. I'm in an A side of HTDAAB mood. I have been meaning to play it since yesterday, when I YouTubed Miracle Drug. I get cravings for that song sometimes. It makes me cry and laugh

Manuela said...

I know it's a rhetorical question but yes, Kent I've given thought to the oppression of the religious, economic and political systems-- That's practically my whole life, in case you didn't know :)
Still, it's sad that some others don't think to question things much at all. America is not God's chosen nation (above the rest of the world)
At the same time, I'd like to focus on the positives more, wherever they may be found...