Sunday, April 27, 2008

ANOTHER GARDEN POST





Well, here are some more pictures. For some reason these of the back garden area from the deck always turn out fuzzy. Well anyway, I am now within 3 truck loads of mulch of being completely done with the physical side of the Spring work. Once that is done, all there is to do is the maintenance work like, watering and keeping the weeds and pests under control. Besides that, all that's left is the daily walks through it and the quiet moments of rest, contemplation, prayer, reading and some Ipod listening to music and podcasts and moments with my wife and daughters.
The nice outdoor season usually always includes friends coming over for conversation and sharing of meals. I love all the moments spent with them. My friend Mike just called a few minutes ago to see if I wanted to get together for coffee later. He and I get to do that quite often and I so appreciate the time with him.


The top three pictures are taken from our deck looking down into the back garden area. The deck is one of my favorite places for an afternoon nap or lunch/dinner before the temps get too hot and humid. I better get to calling some friends and making some plans. If any of my blogging friends are ever near St. Louis, let me know.



This tree just keeps showing up here. I can't help it, it seems to change everyday. Out of all the maples I think this one is the one that never ceases to amaze me. It's just stunning.



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooo...beautiful!!

Kent said...

Thanks Jennifer. I wish there had been some way of capturing on film the weather event we had today. It was raining, snowing, sleeting, and had a little bit of hail mixed in just to make it even more interesting. I was driving toward home at the time and laughing at how bizarre it was. It's suppose to get down to 32 degrees tonight.