Wednesday, April 02, 2008

AT THE SHACK

During Paul Young's stay with us a few weeks back we had an evening planned with a group of friends at one of those friends home. They live in secluded wooded area and I had not shared with Paul what he would see as we drove around the last corner before arriving at their home. Paul's response was something like, WOW look at that.

This is an old historic cabin my friend Art carefully moved to his property from another location well before he read The Shack. He and his family have been so moved and challenged and blessed by the new freedom they are finding in relationship with Father Son and Spirit after reading the book. I'm sure every time Art comes around the corner and sees this shack it probably means something wonderfully personal to him. We all wanted a picture of Paul sitting on the porch. I actually had forgotten all about this picture that my daughter had taken with her camera until today when she mentioned it to me. I was reminded all over again of the wonderful time we all had with this dear brother.

No comments: