Sunday, April 27, 2008

GOD'S WILD FREEDOM


My friend Trish is presently reading one of my favorite books, Dangerous Wonder. I posted a couple quotes from it a few weeks ago here on my blog. I wanted to link to her blog because the quotes she has put up are so awesome. Getting to walk with Trish and Roger some over the past couple years (not as much as I would like though) has been such a blessing watching them come alive into a new place of freedom and wonder. Go here to check it out.
And while you are at it, here is another link to another friend of mine and him telling of some of the astonishing things happening in his life. Had it not been for Wayne I more than likely would have never met Trish and Roger. Well, now that I think about it, all my blogging friends have met up with each other through Wayne and Life Stream Ministries. Pretty cool, eh?

4 comments:

Aida said...

Great comments on "Dangerous Wonder." They encouraged me to pick up my copy and read it again. Recently, Father has been focusing my attention on this wild, unpredictable life we're supposed to experience as believers so it seems like a good idea to read it again. I think it'll be more meaningful to me than it was the first time I read it.

Aida

Kent said...

Hello Aida. I just notice a comment you left on a post a made over a week ago about learning find joy even in the necessities of life. Did you just leave it today also?

I love Dangerous Wonder. My sister-in-law has it right now but when I get it back I might just read it again.

Aida said...

No. I think I posted it Sunday. I knew it was an older post but it was so great I just had to comment.

You're really an encouragement to me as I'm learning how to give up expectations. You're continual sharing is a wonderful encouragement to continue in the process even when it gets difficult.

I'm reading three other books right now and two of them are books that I've read before. I've found that good books are a treasure. I can go back to them and receive fresh encouragement as well as see things in them that I didn't see before.

Aida

Kent said...

Aida, I'm glad you find encouragement here. I remember when many of these changes in thinking and living began in me and how disorienting it all was. I'll never forget Brad Cummings laughter the day we were sitting around the kitchen table in Wayne's home and I told him that for me to continue to walk on into what I was feeling the Spirit laying before me, even though it was so rattling to my senses, was made much easier by having the STUPID road I had been on exposed for what it was. To go back just seemed to beyond stupid. I don't know why but it struck him as being really funny?

Today...turning back now would be stupider than stupid....this journey, accepting life in all it's uncertainty and living in astonished wonder of Father's love and affection....well, it makes sense to chuck off anything that is standing in the way and changing direction whenever we hear the invitation.