Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TRYING TO TAKE IT ALL IN

This morning as I was getting ready for work I could hear the rumblings of an approaching storm. I hurried to get ready so I could get the dogs out before the rain began. Once back home and sitting at this computer reading, I glanced out the window and saw this most unusual sky. These clouds were clouds without rain and the sounds of the thunder gave it all the feel of a scene from a sci-fi movie.

This sky was here and gone in such a short span of time. Kinda of like many moments in life feel. I wonder if most folks even notice these types of things, that for me create such wonder? Or are most people just so caught up in trying to make it all work, or fit, or make sense? If that is the case for most people I pray for a change.
That the distractions and the busyness don't keep us from seeing what it's all about.
The skies are now pretty normal. Just a typical overcast sky and the rain is now coming down, watering the good earth once again. I'll go to work and if possible attempt to put a different spin on it all with the people that will be complaining that it's another sucky rainy day. Have a wonderful grace filled day everyone.


13 comments:

Sue said...

Wow. That sky is just plain amazing. How cool that the camera captured some of the sci-fi feel. These feel surreal. Awesome.

Jennifer said...

I'm in awe. I've never seen a sky like that here, but I would love to. Wow.

Kent said...

I really can't believe that the pictures captured it so well. There was also lightening at times and I wish I could have captured that also. It was so cool.

Kent said...

By the way, it was a day pretty full of people complaining about the weather.

Sue said...

Breast clouds! Heh!!

So did it actually rain, or was it just cloudy? I'm afraid I would be joining them, Kentster, if it was just cloudy. I can't handle cloudy weather with no rain, makes my immune system to bezerko.

But if I was walking around under a bunch of breast clouds, it would make it better :)

Kent said...

Sue, these particular clouds weren't producing rain while they were over my neighborhood but we had plenty of rain yesterday.

Sue said...

It's funny, but in Australia you won't find people complaining about the rain anymore - it's assuming something like sacrilege to utter those words, considering our longstanding drought here.

I love it when it rains, just hate it when it's cloudy. Rain is good.

Kent said...

The weather that causes me the most difficulty is HOT and HUMID and we are guaranteed here in the midwest to have a lot of that. So every overcast day we have is a day that is a bit cooler and in my book that is sweet. I know I am strange bird...and I am comfortable with that :)

Nicole said...

Wow, what amazing clouds. Clouds happen to be my favorite things in nature! They are outstanding!

In Freedom, Nicole!

Nicole said...

Kent, your picures reminds me of the other day I went to watch the sunset and take pictures! I am out in New Mexico visiting my folks and they have the most amazing sunsets in the world! I drove out onto this hill that sits right above this huge flat prairie and waited to see the sunset form into its amazing beauty! As I was watching, I would look at something else and look back at the sunset and it would look different! It changes so fast... Just like life! Before you know it, people and things in your life change in an instant! Its pretty incredible how fast things change when we aren't aware of it until the change occurs!

In Freedom, Nicole!

dan dickinson said...

I looks like the sky in an old Hollywood bible movie, like the Ten Commandments or something.

Kent said...

That morning seeing it live and since then seeing the pictures still makes me think of a sci-fi movie. It's still seems so unreal.

Sue said...

What on earth was I bleating on about with breast clouds up there? ^


These really are amazing, aren't they. The fact that they do not contain rain is even more interesting.