Sunday, May 04, 2008

TODAY IN THE GARDEN

These pictures describe perfectly why I have such an appreciation for what some call "The Collector's
Most of what you see in these pictures is my collection of unusual conifers and Japanese Maples. Most people would never choose to put a garden together like this because many think there is no way diversity in colors, shapes and textures could possibly be achieved. I beg to differ and I think these pictures prove it. This garden is constantly changing in color, shape, and texture through out the entire season. The conifers even carry it through winter when nothing else is happening. But as you can see there are very few flowering plants, of which many only look good while they are flowering. The color that is seen here will be here until Old Man Winter comes calling again.
I've always had a love for the Pacific North West and since I couldn't live there I attempted to create a garden that brought a feel of it here to the Mid West. Now if only I could bring the Pacific Ocean here......Oh well.
The conifers are the next big show in the garden and over the next couple weeks I will post some pictures of them.











4 comments:

Matthew said...

My goodness! This is a beautiful garden!!! I love all the Japanese Maples. Absolutely beautiful.

Kent said...

Thanks Matthew.

Sue said...

"Most people would never choose to put a garden together like this because many think there is no way diversity in colors, shapes and textures could possibly be achieved. I beg to differ and I think these pictures prove it"

__________________

Most certainly, and that's why they hire people with vision like you :)

Kent said...

Thanks Sue. I really do love to create intimate garden spaces.