Saturday, May 31, 2008

WHAT I WOULD WANT TO SAY



As I was laying in bed last night I was thinking about my wife and three daughters and I remembered something I felt led to do a few years ago. Awhile back I started thinking about what I would want to say to these ladies if my time in this world was coming to an end or if I didn't get the chance to say good bye to each of them. The immediate thought was to make a record, to write something for them and save it, that might inspire and comfort them and strengthen their faith to keep their heads up and to not let anything keep them from living in the fullness that is theirs in Father, Son, and Spirit and to never let this world rob it from them.

Well, since that time, I had never actually sat down to get it done...or so I thought. Last night it dawned on me and I had never thought about it before, but I've been doing it on this blog all along and was totally unaware of it.

Julie, Amie, Ellie, and Samantha, you all have brought more joy to my life than I can express in words or actions. Don't let anything hold you down and remember no one can take the joy, the peace, the security, the hope, and the freedom that is yours and made possible because of the love of God towards each of you. It is such a wonderful pleasure for me to be able to share this life with you all. Every day is GIFT. And let's never forget these wise and beautiful words below from a friend. Don't let the fear this world uses, in an attempt to squeeze us into it's mold, keep us from thinking outside what this system is always telling us is important. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.
These words below seem to be good challenging words of encouragement for us all and very profound words to always hold before us as a simple act of freedom to keep us awake and free of the damage caused by living narrow lives in fear.


"Although every human being is a universe within their very being...
some hardly dare explore outside the bare house they grew up in.
A few travel to the edge of their inner town,
fewer still to other cities.
But is rare to find one that has lifted
from the ground to set sail
for places undiscovered.
Fly high".....Ladies.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Awwww, sweet.

Awesome, resonating words, Kent dude. How lucky these chicks are to have you in their midst :)

Kent said...

I feel like the lucky one.