Sunday, May 25, 2008

YOU'RE SICK, YOU'RE DISGUSTING AND YOU ARE GOING TO GO TO HELL


Yep, I spent the biggest part of my life misrepresenting Jesus which then means I had misrepresented God the father. No, I actually wasn't using that exact language that is in the title of this post (it's taken from the interviews listed below) but I had accepted the message and the Christian belief system that has been sending (I want to believe that it's unknowingly) that message to the world. So yes, what has been happening in me over the past 20 years has been me personally owning up to this reality and the part I had played in it. The past couple years have felt like a radical reworking and rebuilding that began to change the way I live. Much of this blog has been in a way about that process in me and the process of renewal. A stumbling towards renewal.

Here is an interview with Donald Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz, a book that I love, talking about this very thing. I was so amazed at how much of what he says about his change in direction, repenting of this misrepresentation, mirrored my experience. So here is Donald Miller being interviewed by Steve Brown.




No comments: