Sunday, September 20, 2009

PROUD TO BE A TREE HUGGER



Metaphorically speaking, I am a happy tree hugger. I love nature (ya know, the thing God created) and I see it as having a deep profound purpose. It even sounds strange having to state something so obvious but unfortunately much of humanity seems to think that raping it is necessary for our survival. When in reality it's the opposite that is true.

The sky has opened up here today, so my metaphorical tree hugging will have to be done from inside. Enjoy all that the natural world provides you today and try to remain gracious even to the humans that don't seem to appreciate it like you do. I get the sense that it's graciousness that is missing from the present public debate which insures for at least now that all of God's creation will continue to be brutalized...people and nature.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Yeah, it's a pretty harsh ol' world out there, isn't it.

Too much concrete. Perhaps if we had more arbors to walk under, like this delight, we would be more softened round the edges as well.

Rick Gibson said...

I'm a tree hugger of sorts too. Partly from growing up on the gulf coast plains where growing a good sized tree is hard to do. When I lived in Memphis, I would hear people talk about cutting down trees like they were weeds or something, and I would shake my head. I couldn't understand why they would want to cut down all those beautiful trees.

Kent said...

Sometimes a tree needs to come down. But it seems we humans could do a much better job at caring for the earth if the love of money wasn't the driving force behind most human activity.

Sue said...

Isn't it weird how that "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil" quote has been so distorted as to now mean nothing? When people see "Money is hte root of all evil" they think (if they have a couple of brain cells to knock together), "No, it's not. What a stupid statement!"

I don't really know what I believe about some being called Satan but when I see things like that going on I start to wonder