Tuesday, November 03, 2009

IF YOU CAN ONLY HANDLE ONE...SKIP THE OIL CHANGE AND CHANGE THE FILTER FIRST

I will begin with a confession. The kind of person Richard Rohr describes in this video used to be me. I lived within the confines...the mindset...a world view shaped by Christendom. I never knew Jesus nor had I ever accepted him for who he truly is. That lasted until the day I could no longer live with the internal conflict...the day my hypocrisy and destructive world view came into full view and I came to understand that I had been perpetuating the hostility towards Jesus and those I was to love.

As Richard explains, the former filter just wouldn't allow me to see Jesus or even more importantly, hear Jesus. Since faith comes by hearing, hearing is an essential thing. Well, I began to hear things clearly and my first responses went something like this, Okay, I'm seeing and I am hearing but I don't know if I can do this. Turns out, I can't, but his life inside me makes it possible...makes it reality. It leaves me with nothing to boast about just One to marvel at and follow out into a very unpredicatable, uncontrollable world.

1 comment:

Chad Estes said...

Glad you posted this. I needed to hear it.