Thursday, November 05, 2009

THE LIFE OF INDEPENDENCE IS FULL OF BOTH LIGHT AND DARK


Another story about some plants I grow and about how humans carry within themselves the power to help and to harm all at the same time. The ravaged path of independence leaves people as unpredictable mixed bags.

"Digoxin---the drug derived from Digitalis (foxglove) for centuries---is a useful heart stimulant in carefully controlled doses. But ancient Romans also employed it to dispense with an enemy, as others would a double-ought operative."
Ken Druse...Planthropology


1 comment:

Kent said...

a Facebook friend just added this comment to this very same post about Digitalis that I posted on Fb

"God is too amazing. Thanks to this beautiful flower I got to meet my first born daughter and hold her and sing with her for 15 glorious months. Without Dig I wouldn't have gotten that gift. too cool."