Sunday, January 31, 2010

LOVE IS A RIGHT HERE/RIGHT NOW THANG


Love is a verb. It is only what it is when it is being what it is. And that can only happen in the present. With each and every moment being unique, once they pass they never happen again. Sometimes even with very very serious finality.

REALITY CHECK: Every moment of life is gift...yours and the person who is in front of you. And it is fragile also. Once you part ways, reality is you might not ever see that person again. None of us are in control of life and death. If something was to happen to where you would never see that person again, are you comfortable living with how you just treated them?

I hate watching people brutalize others they say they care about or even people they don't even know.

Some have told me before, in response to sharing with them what I have said above, that that is just a scary way to live thinking about it that way. To which I say...Is living in denial of that reality keeping you from living in fear of the possibility of something tragic like that happening to someone you care about? A question to which most answer..."Well, NO"

All I can say is facing this reality and accepting it for what it is has been a big part of the process of fear being displaced in my life. And another wonderful thing has happened in the process also. Living aware of this reality makes it less likely that I will take you for granted when you are standing in front of me. I might not ever see you again. Or if I have found out that I have done such a thing to you...I'm far more likely to come back to you quickly to do what I can to make it right.

At times in my life, often times, there is a pain deep inside caused by seeing something so beautiful right there in front of us...harmony...but instead, we get the pain and the ugly caused by the self sabotaging ways of fearful self centered humanity. It seems that most people assume that to survive and to get what they want, even when it is at the expense of others, is the plot. It also seems that even the ones who have come face to face with the beautiful liberating transforming counter plot are even themselves more than capable of losing it. Even if just momentarily. But even in those short departures, we can create deep pain in others. At least it is possible to seek forgiveness for those times and hopefully we find ourselves with folks that can extend it to us and others so that healing can happen. Maybe that's the best we can hope for? People learning to love and living aware of the capacity to live in harmony as long as we remain grounded in the One who is Life...but also giving ourselves and others a break in those moments when we lose the plot and always remembering that with each new moment we can Begin Again.

Grace is the power that holds us together. It has a way of healing our less that loving moments with each other and even ourselves. But even with that being the case, I never want to use that as an excuse for the lack of love. And I've come to know and accept that pain is just a part of the journey and I have no control over how others are going to act. But I am responsible for the way I interact with others and the more and more I live in the reality of how Father lives with me and loves me...I will be an agent of harmony instead of an agent of discord and pain and hurt. The movement is towards....EVERYTHING IN IT'S PLACE

*********************************************************
More art from the artist who created the image I used here can be found here

5 comments:

Sue said...

"Maybe that's the best we can hope for? People learning to love and living aware of the capacity to live in harmony as long as we remain grounded in the One who is Life...but also giving ourselves and others a break in those moments when we lose the plot and always remembering that with each new moment we can Begin Again."

++++

Ahhh. Yes :) There's so much grace and healing in there. Unfortunately we all do crash into each other at times, even the most loving of us. It is the case now where seeing others who are sort of starting to get how this thing works and who fall off momentarily is also a sort of inspiration for me. It reminds me when I do the same of the Begin Again space.

Kent said...

We all at times move outside grace in our action and thoughts and bounce off each other, but never outside the grip of grace. It happens to me regularly. The good thing is that it almost immediately becomes apparent. Then the challenge of downshifting comes into play. And sometimes downshifting isn't the most gracefully made move either.

Sue said...

LOL. No, indeed. Sometimes downshifting is just bumpity bumpity bump :)

But it's all good.

Margaret Sch. said...

Your statement, "Every moment of life is gift...yours and the person who is in front of you. And it is fragile also," is a message I would like to see trumpeted from the mountaintops. I would add that any beauty in front of us is part of this equation as well. We can live out love with others or with the natural world, depending on our circumstances. My take, anyway. Also, love is a 2-way street. Receiving it is as powerful as giving it. Think of those who loved Jesus and how graciously he receive their love. Thank you for posting!

Kent said...

All very true Margaret