Friday, February 12, 2010

WE STILL SEEK

I leave for Kenya Africa on Sunday. Since I arrived home from work today around lunch time, the emotions have been raw and on the surface. The unnecessary suffering in the world has always had that effect on me and in a few days I will enter a space where dear people live with more than any human should have to face.

And then I listened to today's God Journey Podcast and ever since have been a mess. Even as I sat with a dear loving friend who is also my tax accountant, the emotions were threatening to spill over. After getting the business of my taxes out of the way we got to talking about my upcoming trip and the pain riddled human experience. Then I returned home and watched this trailer from a soon to be released documentary. Brad mentioned it in the podcast and it set in motion a wonderful conversation about life and love and the mess we find ourselves in and how getting in touch with people...in their suffering has a way of changing us and them. This is life...this is the human experience. Our framing story will determine how we go on living in this world.

Are you participating in breaking the cycle of violence and hate in this world? Or are you a party to the madness? There is no such thing as redemptive violence. Only love can turn this around.

8 comments:

Sue said...

I'm so glad you are going, Kent.

And I shall be entering into it with you, just not physically :)

zinger said...

Hey Kent, I too am happy that you are going. Will be following along. Look forward to hearing your perspectives.

Kent said...

I'd love to take a trip like this with my Fb and God Journey friends.

Sue said...

Well, there's a future idea ... :)

zinger said...

Hey I guess we'll just have to travel along vicariously through you Kent, be safe.

Nicole said...

I would love to hear your experience!!! Listening intently my friend!

Today as Jon and I were driving back from a weekend trip with some friends, I have been thinking about pain and suffering that people go through and how some never understand the madness of what pain is like, how it would feel in circumstances that people find themselves in everyday. It made me stop and realize how easy it is to get caught up in our own little protected lives, and never show sympathy or compassion for those who are in massive pain! We either go along life pretending to care or say how sad things may be, but, never truly stop and realize that they need support and love from 'us'... Been reading Bo's Cafe too, and that has opened my eyes to similar things as well! Just thought I would share...

Safe travels my friend!

sammie said...

and thanks for sharing Nicole

Kent said...

just realized I made that post signed in uder Sammie