Monday, March 08, 2010

BORN TO LOVE


Grace = Pressure's off. You are already loved and continue to be loved even when you are a moron. Let that sink in...it might just change you and set you free...and you might just find yourself able to love others even when they are being morons.





Most people though live their lives trying to force everyone around them to conform to what they think they are in need of. These expectation will always keep us playing a game of self sabotage. This isn't about us getting others to love us...it's about us learning to love others.

2 comments:

Aida said...

Kent, this is a very thought provoking post. I’m having a really hard time right now loving someone who’s being a moron because his moronic behavior is hurting a friend that I dearly love. I feel better about this individual than I did before but it’s still hard to not be angry at him for what he’s doing. I’ve expressed my viewpoint to my friend and now I don’t talk about it but it is hard to watch it happen.

I’ve learned from you about giving up expectations and it’s been a very hard lesson. I’ve spoken to my friend about the situation and he doesn’t see it the way I do so now I don’t talk about it. I’m just giving him the freedom to be hurt. That’s a very painful kind of love.

Aida said...

I forgot to add that I love this quote.

"it's about us learning to love others."

It helps me to see that learning to love is a process. We can't always love everyone immediately but, as we give ourselves to that process, we'll be able to love even the most moronic individuals. We might even discover that they're not so moronic after all.