Monday, April 05, 2010

IF GOD GIVES SUCH ATTENTION TO.......


Sometimes we share experiences with others that are so similar. Such is the case with this from the book Planthropology by Ken Druse

"The lure of the garden has always been strong. As a child, I eagerly awaited the colors and scents of spring, imagining they heralded a spectacle of blossoms and blooms meant just for me. Summers were spent spying on bees as they buzzed from flower to flower, and butterflies as they sipped nectar from their blossomed perches. Now, as a passionate gardener and nature's observer, I know of course it's not for me these plants are blooming---it's for the bee, butterfly, ants, birds, bats, and myriad other creatures that plants need in order to thrive. And yet, sometimes, when a particular bloom unfurls, I still like to imagine it's nature's gift to me, in return for my time and devotion."

There is only one thought here from Ken I find myself seeing much differently. I don't have to imagine that it is natures gift to me when a particular bloom unfurls...I am convinced that the blooms and all things in the natural world are most definitely gifts to me and to you. It's all gift...it's all grace. And it's for us to enjoy as we go along on this journey of discovery and to live in awe of as we go.

1 comment:

Todd said...

'imagining they heralded a spectacle of blossoms and blooms meant just for me.'

funny that...i respect what he's saying here about the cycle/continuation of life between the plant life and the critters, but i too...savor these things as if they were for me...

loved it,
todd