Monday, May 24, 2010

UNDAMNED


The unforced rhythms of grace and the mysterious ways of the Spirit confound me and leave me amazed. Having just dropped some loud teenagers off at school this morning, and then finding myself in the vehicle by myself, I reached for the volume dial, and cranked my music up loud. What followed was a wonderful quiet time. OTR's demo cd, full of all their soon to be released new songs happened to be in. This morning, the song that up to this morning had been my least favorite song musically of the bunch, stood out like never before. The words had registered before and I had liked the message of the song, but this morning the song came alive with all it's pain and all it's beautiful hope. No one, and I mean no one, is outside the possibility of being gripped by grace and love. And the Grace Giver never gives up on anyone...there's an important lesson in that reality that we all need to also be gripped by.


UNDAMNED

Linford Detweiler and Karin Bergquist


Sometimes all we believe
Turns out to just be a scam
Just tryin to get my world
Get it undamned

It's been a lifelong song
Who'll take me Just as I am
Help me to get my world
Get it undamned

I've got a thousand lost songs
(Far too many they just got away)
I've done a thousand things wrong
(Far too many for me to name)
But I'm not too far gone
To fall
Headlong
Into the arms that love me

Don't count me out just yet
I'm not your little lost lamb
God might still get my world
Get it undamned

I've got a thousand lost songs
(Far too many they just got away)
I've done a thousand things wrong
(Far too many for me to name)
But I'm not too far gone
To fall
Headlong
Into the arms that love me

3 comments:

Bones said...

I love those lyrics, Kent, along with the Heart of Father that they reveal. Thanks!

Frances said...

Good stuff that puts you on the floor. Thanks, Kent!

zinger said...

And the grace river never gives up on anyone. Love that Kent, could use some of that this morning.