Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I NEEDED SOMETHING BEYOND HUMANITY TONIGHT

I've found myself once again over the past couple days wanting to take my family and escape (this is my personal feeling and I'm quite certain they aren't on board with me :-)...at least in the sense that I mean it.

And I'm ruined myself anyway when it comes to such an idea also, actually. Because I'm always reminded of this...

"I suppose since most of our hurts come through relationships, so will our healing.............and I know grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside." The Shack














2 comments:

Kirk said...

Some fine pics there. I totally get the desire to escape. I think my peeps would rather stay a little closer to the city as well. And I love that Shack quote.

We are going out in the woods for a few days in a few days and I am really looking forward to some intentional time in the woods.

My Dad, who is hanging tough at 93, gave me his almost 50 year old Leica recently and I plan to take it out and run a couple of rolls of film thru it (probably hasn't exposed a frame in decades). We'll see how that goes.

Kent said...

Kirk, I've found many ways to slip away. Emersing myself in nature and taking my camera along is one of them and that plays out practically everyday in someway.