Thursday, September 02, 2010

THE AGE OF ANXIETY AND THE HOPE THAT REMAINS


As I dropped my youngest off at highschool this morning, in the long line of cars dropping all the other kids off, I couldn't help but think about how I wish my daughters were going everyday to Earth School instead of this completely unnatural environment. Or at least that at this time in their lives they could understand that this activity two of them are caught up in is at best just a necessity that helps them live in this mad world, the realm of necessity they find themselves in, and that Earth School is an important salve that is so needed to heal the scars left by the other. We've been sold a lie that all this makes us more civil when instead it squeezes us into a confining mold that perpetuates dehumanizing behavior and then tells us it's civil.

So I am left standing here as a sign post in the midst of them, to live my life as free of it as possible, in hopes that someday when the weight of it all and the grime it has left on them begins to be seen for what it is so that their journey of unplugging from it will begin.

You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Kent said...

Hello Lloyd. Glad you found some enjoyable things to read here. How did you find your way to my blog?

Todd said...

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

wow...loved this...