Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TO SET THE MIND AT EASE AND HEAL THE SORE HEART


It was much needed time away tonight...I have a hillside/field close by that in the evening does me well on days like this day has been.

"When the mind is festering with trouble or the heart torn, we can find healing among the silence of mountains, or fields, or listen to the simple, steadying rhythm of waves. The slowness and the stillness gradually take us over. Our breathing deepens and our hearts calm and our hungers relent. When serenity is restored, new perspectives open to us and difficulty can begin to seem like an invitation to new growth." John O'Donohue

3 comments:

Kirk said...

That is so true Kent. In the midst of a particularly difficult spot my eldest and I walked to a dock around the corner to talk. We sat looking at the water til dark not talking and then walked home. When we got to the front door, the first words that passed between us were "that was good Dad, I enjoyed it". Peace in the midst of a storm for sure.

Kent said...

praying for you all Kirk

Kirk said...

Thank you. That is appreciated. I think we are experiencing a really transformational time right now. And we are seeing signposts of a relationally healing time as well. To borrow from Mr. Lewis, I think we are in the process of being surprised by joy.