Friday, October 15, 2010

MINDFUL PRESENCE


The weather along with the landscape is beautiful here. Day # 4 & 5 of my work week are always easy because I choose to do half days, but once a month I take day # 4 & 5 off and make it a 4 day weekend for myself. This just happens to be one of those weekends.

It really does feel like I have gained my time and my mind back from the 'o...l familiar frantic pace I used to run. Turned out to be that all of that pace was maintained through a paradigm of fear and greed....what would happen to me if I didn't keep it up...and all the things the ridiculous voices kept telling me I needed or wanted. I found release from that fear and that greed.

Being present right here---right now makes living possible.

The world cannot be discovered by a journey of miles...
only by a spiritual journey...
by which we arrive at the ground at our feet
and learn to be at home."~~~
Wendell Berry

2 comments:

Sue said...

Ahhh, nice one :) It's good to see you moving in that cool rhythm, Kent.

That Berry quote is just beautiful, sums it up so succinctly.

Kent said...

There really is enough grace for the day :-)