Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SET IT FREE

I was going through some photos this afternoon and came upon a folder of 246 photos of May 25 earlier this year, as the daylight gave way to night. I remember taking well over 300 photos of the western sky that evening as the cloud formation changed the horizon from moment to moment until the sky went blue/black. I have some very cool shots from this year of the morning and evening sky but this sunset on this day takes the top spot for me. There was no way for me to predict from the way it began to emerge what it would in the end become. And if I could have somehow been the one drawing out the ending for the sky that day as I sat on that hillside I would have never dreamed this up.

And so is life if we are able to free it from our expectation and whiteknuckling it trying to paint the ending for ourselves.






No comments: