Sunday, December 02, 2012

TO KNOW SOMETHING SO DEEPLY

This morning the snow geese were all about efficiency and progress. I've had special moments with them through the years where that was not the case. I will link to an explanation of one such moment in the comment section. Since I was a little boy, moments of encountering large migrating flocks of birds have left me with a feeling of exhilaration. It still does to this day. Maybe all along it has been the freedom it represents? As a little boy, I certainly wasn't conscious of that. Today I am.

 After taking this photos of them passing over me this morning I realized the vibration control on my lens had been shut off. I was surprised to get any photos from the bunch that weren't just blur. All the close ups actually were. The wide angle ones turned out good enough to use here.


And I offer this observation from Kathleen Raine to set up the story in the post linked to below:

 "The strangest of all is the ease with which the vision is lost, consciousness contracts, we forget over and over again, until recollection is stirred by some icon of that beauty."

NO POSSIBILITY OF FORGETTING

No comments: