Monday, January 28, 2013

SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE FAMILIAR/OBVIOUS, BUT VERY NATURAL

I began noticing that most everyone was stressed and exhausted. I clearly knew that I was. And it was then that I began to connect that there was something terribly wrong...something terribly out of sync and unhealthy with how I was going about it. I also began to notice that it was taking a toll on people like I had never seen before in all my years of working closely/intimately with the public. It was then I began to feel a desire to get out of it. I just couldn't deny it anymore, which made going on in the same way as I had been just sound really stupid. So I jumped out of that familiar populated stream. I found something much slower and healthier. And found myself there. And then decided it might be a good idea to try to learn to talk with all those stressed and frustrated people in a different way and learn to live my life in a way that might just help some of them find something healthier too. It really is possible for everyone to find.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Hey Kent,

I've made my way over here from TheGodJourney and I think that this was the first post I read. I just wanted to let you know that I have been feeling the same way for a long time (if I'm reading it right). For me, its been a discontent in my heart for as long as I could remember for the status quo, an inability to accept that this was what life really was.
It took me years to do something about it, I think some of it was being to busy to even hear what the Lord was saying to me and inviting me out of the rat race of American dreams.
I've enjoyed reading your blog posts and hope to continue to read and dialogue in the future.

Kent said...

Hi Rick. From what you said it sounds like you are reading this post correctly.

The American Dream as it has been defined, in so many ways, is toxic and brutal on the soul, the mind, and the spirit.