Thursday, March 14, 2013

LET IT GO....LEARN TO LIVE WINDBLOWN







Do we humans ever create tons of unnecessary troubles for ourselves!!!! One way we do this is by failing to recognize the transient nature of this life. And as long as we fail to recognize that we can be found grasping hold of things and ideas of how we want our life to be today and while doing that, miss what today has brought us.

If I had tried to build a life, or even a photography business, around that amazing experience of a couple weeks with the Red Tail Hawk, I would possibly today be depressed that the experience was over and was so short lived. I had people asking me if I had named him/her. Which I didn't, because I knew all too well at the moment that this was going to turn out to be a very brief encounter with a creature who just lives in the wild flow of the created natural world.

There is so much for us humans to learn from this.

I live aware each day that everything is passing and that it is best for me to take in what is there to take in each moment before it is gone. And I am learning that if freedom as a constant traveling presence is important to me, it is best that I remain aware that there is a way of being that is so familiar to the masses that is antithetical to that freedom. As well as there exists a way of being that can be described as the act of slipping into the transience and giving up the crazy human activity of trying to control it...as if we can.

And to also accept that I live in the realm of necessity. And this is the coolest part of all in regards to the demands of that world.......

 "There is a Wind… that wraps itself around the edges of necessity, tugging and pulling until those boundaries become torn and begin to move to the motion of that which is not visible." ~~~ Paul Young

The way the hawk moves about freely speaks to that.....and the hawk never ever even thinks about it. It doesn't have to.

No comments: