Monday, May 13, 2013

ALONE BUT NOT ALONE


At the most intimate level, God really is that wilderness where we all are alone. No one sees the way you see. No one feels what you feel. No one hears the whisper of the Divine in the way you do. No one else hears what the Divine is speaking specifically to you, so why is it that we allow others to interpret it for us?

Others can help, but it is important that we know the difference. No one can look after your inner life for you. Only you can do that.

Today was one of those day where I felt very alone. Not in a bad way. Just in a way. I suspect that no one would have understood and many would have had all kinds of corrective advice for me and my thoughts and my feelings. Maybe that is exactly why the space today was the way it was. The closest anyone came to that space with me today was Julie. But even she didn't understand....even though I really think there was some familiarity in what we were feeling, even if impossible for either of us to put mere words to it that could explain it sufficiently.

No comments: